Menu Bar

Home           Calendar           Topics          Just Charlestown          About Us

Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekend Report!

I have been experimenting writing Things To Do articles on Wednesday or Thursday each week, giving suggestions for interesting activities in Charlestown. I attended two of the five suggestions in last week's article.  The fifth suggestion was voting today and I'll do that, voting yes for the new beach facilities, at Town Hall, after I wake up.

After the break, you can see my report and photos.



I went to the volunteer planting for the Community Garden where a small group of enthusiastic volunteers showed up to plant greens and vegetables and do other work around the gardens. I got some exercise filling in the trench for the rabbit fence.
Parks & Rec Director Jay Primiano Demonstrating the Correct Technique
A Few of the Donated Plants

Volunteers Planting in the Raised Bed
I then headed over to the Antique Fire Apparatus Show. This was a really nice, and free, event and lots of families were attending.
A Beautiful Antique Firetruck

The Pink Ladder Truck for Cancer Awareness

Our Cross Mills Engine 812 Qualifies as an Antique
Our Engine 812 from the Cross Mills station was in the show, positioned near the entrance so it could respond to an alarm if necessary.

Demonstration of Propane Fire Fighting
There was a good crowd watching the training for fighting a propane fire.

More photos, with higher resolution, of this event can be seen on our Picasa photo album.

Enjoy!

Authored and photos by Tom Ferrio